Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

my first blog post intro

i am a 29 yr old rider who started riding at the age of 8-9 yrs old ,i lost interest for a while,then started again when i was 13, and have ridden ever since.in that time i have had my share of all kinds of horses in size, temperment and training.to the smallest 13.h pony to a big  17.2 tb x.keep in mind i am only 5 feet tall.i owned my first horse at the age of 17.my first horse was a rescued weanling filly named shadow. we learned everything together and she became the best horse ever.i had already been riding a long time before i got my own horse.when shadow was 7 i got her bred to a wb stallion named dorian grey.as in the sport i want to pursue ,wb's are greatly valued and i couldn't afford a made one,so why not raise my own...by this time i have raised quite a few babies and green horses,so another one shouldn't be a problem.
in may of 2007 i awoke to a very leggy and bright chestnut colt at my mares feet.he thought right from the start he was king of the barn.i have a few photos to prove it...and boy was he bred to jump.when he was 1 month old he jumped out of my arena which was approx 3'6 and then at 2 yrs old he jumped a 6 foot fence.he was a very hard horse to convince to stay in his paddock/pastures finnaly had to electrify fence line to keep him in...from that i new i had a jumper on my hands and was excited to have a horse that had talent for jumping.as thats exactly what i wanted.
as i want to make this short i will jump to present.
he is now 4 yrs old and was started under saddle later then i had hoped,but we have had some bumpy roads along the way as far as moving from here, there and everywhere and finally settling him here at home again.
he has been under saddle for a little over a month now.i am finding he is very sensitive to the riders seat which has its pro's and con's.he is doing walk/ trot and i had gotten 1 canter from him and yet to try again.,but we have limited space and is hard to canter no more then a couple strides around.he is also finding ways out of things and is testing me a bit,which is a bit frustrating at times.
like yesterday i had to quit as myself was getting a bit upset as i was feeling like i wasn't riding at my best i could be and was making my horse finicky and was just in a frustrating cycle type of ride.tomorrow is another day right.
otherwise he is learning quickly and is a very smooth and floaty ride.i love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment